Why a Content Management System (CMS)?
A CMS makes it easy for you to manage your website anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You don't have to know HTML and you don't need to be a computer expert. Whew!
The graphical interface of a CMS allows for easy navigation, and the separation of design, structure, and content allows for you, the site owner, to make changes without compromising the integrity of the site. In other words, you can't break it!
No clunky software is needed for a CMS. It's all based on the Digital Eel web server, so you can update your website from any computer using a login and password. This is ideal for business owners who do a lot of traveling or don't work from the same computer each day.
CMS Features from Digital Eel
- Update your website 24 hours a day, anytime, anywhere!
- Setup including shell implementation to custom fit the CMS to your site
- Ability to update text and upload photos directly to your site
- Ability to delete text and graphics in restricted areas without 'breaking' the layout of the site.
- Technical support available through phone and email for any questions you may have — we're happy to help!
- Storage and data retrieval
- No knowledge of HTML, PHP, or XML required
Sound like a good idea, but need to know more? Let's talk. Contact us for a free consultation, and see if CMS is right for you! Prefer to speak to someone over the phone? Us too! Give us a call toll free at 888-884-3335
Is CMS Right for Me?
Many of our clients prefer that we handle their site updates. Hey, we handle everything else for them when it comes to the web! However, some of our clients prefer to update their sites themselves. It's really a matter of choice. Clients that opt for CMS want to be able to update their sites at their convenience, with new photos and text. Sometimes these clients are away on business trips and don't have the time to pick up the phone to request an update. Other times they are store owners who don't have ecommerce sites, but wish to inform customers about new product offerings and upcoming specials. If you're debating between a static site or a CMS, ask yourself the following questions:
- How often do I wish to update my site? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?
- How much time do I have to devote to updating my site?
- Do I have content that I can provide in these frequent updates?
- Do frequent updates support the nature of my site?
- How proficient am I working with computers?
- Am I comfortable learning new computer programs?
- Can I upload files to my computer and resize them?